More From Joan Cusack
- "It’s nice to be able to work; I’d love to be able to do another TV show I could do in Chicago so I could live and work in the same place. It’s hard being a parent and being in a good marriage, and it all takes a lot of work, but if you’re not there you can’t do any of it."
- "A relationship is hard in and of itself. And having kids is really hard work, but I think it’s really meaningful, as is a relationship. But they all take work."
- "I take parenting incredibly seriously. I want to be there for my kids and help them navigate the world, and develop skills, emotional intelligence, to enjoy life, and I’m lucky to be able to do that and have two healthy, normal boys."
More In Mom
- "I never let anyone pluck, including myself, unless my mom approves. She guards my eyebrows. She’s like the eyebrow police!"― Isabelle Fuhrman
- "My mom being a psychotherapist, I’ve been brought up with that whole psychoanalytical terrain."― Helena Bonham Carter
- "My mom was so people-friendly. She was incredible. She’d go to the mall, and she’d talk to everyone. Give people a kiss on the cheek. I think if I wasn’t pushed around a lot, I’d be great with people. Maybe I still can be."― Fred Couples