More From Jo Brand
- "My mum always felt that women deserved as much as men, and should have as much power, so I suppose I opted to go into a very male-dominated arena to try and prove that."
- "Who do I like? I am a big fan of French and Saunders – not that that they are particularly stand-up I have to say, but I think they have been great for women and they are of themselves just incredibly funny whether they are male or female."
- "There are 10-20 times more male comics than female comics; it’s something to do with the social structure of society."
More In Death
- "Belief is the death of intelligence."― Robert Anton Wilson
- "Death is a release from the impressions of the senses, and from desires that make us their puppets, and from the vagaries of the mind, and from the hard service of the flesh."― Marcus Aurelius
- "O Death, rock me asleep, bring me to quiet rest, let pass my weary guiltless ghost out of my careful breast."― Anne Boleyn