More From Jimmy Carter
- "My decision to register women confirms what is already obvious throughout our society-that women are now providing all types of skills in every profession. The military should be no exception."
- "It’s very difficult for the American people to believe that our government, one of the richest on Earth, is also one of the stingiest on Earth."
- "The awareness that health is dependent upon habits that we control makes us the first generation in history that to a large extent determines its own destiny."
More In Freedom
- "The course of this conflict is not known, yet its outcome is certain. Freedom and fear, justice and cruelty, have always been at war, and we know that God is not neutral between them."― George W. Bush
- "Criticism of government finds sanctuary in several portions of the 1st Amendment. It is part of the right of free speech. It embraces freedom of the press."― Hugo Black
- "The work of art is a scream of freedom."― Christo