More From Jimmy Carter
- "It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature’s gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever."
- "I think there ought to be a strict separation or wall built between our religious faith and our practice of political authority in office. I don’t think the President of the United States should extoll Christianity if he happens to be a Christian at the expense of Judaism, Islam or other faiths."
- "I had very good support from Democrats and Republicans all throughout my administration. I had a very high batting average. We added more jobs per year in my four years than any other president since the Second World War."
More In Freedom
- "But I found that disappointing people is a good thing, because disapproval is freedom."― Demetri Martin
- "We cannot expect that all nations will adopt like systems, for conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."― John F. Kennedy
- "The wisest use of American strength is to advance freedom."― George W. Bush