More From Jimmy Carter
- "When I was elected President nobody asked me to negotiate between Israel and Egypt. It was not even a question raised in my campaign. But I felt that one of the reasons that I was elected President was to try to bring peace to the Holy Land."
- "You can not divorce religious belief and public service. I’ve never detected any conflict between God’s will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other."
- "I had very good support from Democrats and Republicans all throughout my administration. I had a very high batting average. We added more jobs per year in my four years than any other president since the Second World War."
More In Freedom
- "I love the freedom of movement that my phone gives me. That has definitely transformed my life."― Richard Branson
- "Well, I’m a libertarian conservative, so I believe in limited government/maximum individual freedom."― John Bolton
- "One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and Nature shall not be broken."― Leo Tolstoy