More From Jimmy Carter
- "I’ve used the prestige and influence of having been a president of the United States as effectively as possible. And secondly, I’ve still been able to carry out my commitments to peace and human rights and environmental quality and freedom and democracy and so forth."
- "My constant prayer, my number one foreign goal, is to bring peace to Israel. And in the process to Israel’s neighbours."
- "I think all Americans believe in human rights. And health is an often overlooked aspect of basic human rights. And it’s one that’s easily corrected. The reason I say that is that many of the diseases that we treat around the world, I knew when I was a child. My mother was a registered nurse. And they no longer exist in our country."
More In Patriotism
- "Most Italians who came to this country are very patriotic. There was this exciting possibility that if you worked real hard, and you loved something, you could become successful."― Francis Ford Coppola
- "My first public impression was my French teacher, Derek Swift."― Rory Bremner
- "About half my designs are controlled fantasy, 15 percent are total madness and the rest are bread-and-butter designs."― Manolo Blahnik