More From Jimmy Carter
- "On balance, my life has been a constant stream of blessings rather than disappointments and failures and tragedies. I wish I had been re-elected. I think I could have kept our country at peace. I think I could have consolidated what we achieved at Camp David with a treaty between Israel and the Palestinians."
- "A fundamentalist can’t bring himself or herself to negotiate with people who disagree with them because the negotiating process itself is an indication of implied equality."
- "I believe there is complete equality between men and women. And I believe those passages in the New Testament, not by Jesus, but by Paul, that say women should not adorn themselves, they should always wear hats or color their hair in church – things like that – I think they are signs of the times and should not apply to modern-day life."
More In Patriotism
- "The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?"― Pablo Casals
- "Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism – how passionately I hate them!"― Albert Einstein
- "Apply yourself. Get all the education you can, but then, by God, do something. Don’t just stand there, make it happen."― Lee Iacocca