More From Jim Hunt
- "Who knows what technology will emerge in the next five years, let alone 20. Yet the education we provide our children now is supposed to last for decades. We cannot train them for jobs that do not even exist yet, but we can provide them with the minds and tools they’ll need to adapt to our ever-changing set of circumstances."
- "We saw what happened in Jimmy Carter’s administration. President Carter was a good man with the best of intentions. But he came to Washington without a good working relationship with Democratic members of Congress, which played a big part in his administration’s problems."
- "In the depth of the near depression, that he faced when he came in, Barack Obama and Democratic leaders in Congress provided ‘recovery funds’ that literally kept our classrooms open. Two years ago, these funds saved nearly 20,000 teacher and education jobs – just here in North Carolina."
More In Respect
- "I want to say with the utmost of sincerity, not as a Republican, but as an American, that I have great respect for Senator Obama’s historic achievement to become his party’s nominee, not because of his color, but with indifference to it."― Mike Huckabee
- "If they respect the craft and what we’re doing and they bring something to the table and they work hard, I don’t care what you do as your side job or as your day job."― Anthony Anderson
- "Most young people have tremendous respect for older people’s views."― Dennis Prager