More From Jhumpa Lahiri
- "My parents had an arranged marriage, as did so many other people when I was growing up. My father came and had a life in the United States one way and my mother had a different one, and I was very aware of those things. I continue to wonder about it, and I will continue to write about it."
- "I don’t know why, but the older I get the more interested I get in my parents’ marriage. And it’s interesting to be married yourself, too, because there is an inevitable comparison."
- "For that story, I took as my subject a young woman whom I got to know over the course of a couple of visits. I never saw her having any health problems – but I knew she wanted to be married."
More In Computers
- "I’m at peace with myself because what I talk about is the way I live."― Sean Hannity
- "The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim."― Edsger Dijkstra
- "I could lie and say my wife cooks for me, but she doesn’t. My wife has never learnt cooking but she has great cooks at home."― Shahrukh Khan