More From Jhumpa Lahiri
- "I don’t know why, but the older I get the more interested I get in my parents’ marriage. And it’s interesting to be married yourself, too, because there is an inevitable comparison."
- "My parents had an arranged marriage, as did so many other people when I was growing up. My father came and had a life in the United States one way and my mother had a different one, and I was very aware of those things. I continue to wonder about it, and I will continue to write about it."
- "For that story, I took as my subject a young woman whom I got to know over the course of a couple of visits. I never saw her having any health problems – but I knew she wanted to be married."
More In Computers
- "Equipped with cell phones, beepers, and handheld computers, the ‘conspicuously industrious’ blur the line between home and office by working anytime, anywhere."― Jo Ann Davis
- "We demand privacy, yet we glorify those that break into computers."― Bill McCollum
- "There is a deep affection in Australia for the Queen. And I mean the Queen’s been the Queen ever since I was born. I mean she is part of the firmament of Australia’s sort of national life; there’s a deep respect for her role."― Kevin Rudd