More From Jhumpa Lahiri
- "For that story, I took as my subject a young woman whom I got to know over the course of a couple of visits. I never saw her having any health problems – but I knew she wanted to be married."
- "I’ve never had Internet access. Actually, I have looked at things on other people’s computers as a bystander. A few times in my life I’ve opened email accounts, twice actually, but it’s something I don’t want in my life right now."
- "My parents had an arranged marriage, as did so many other people when I was growing up. My father came and had a life in the United States one way and my mother had a different one, and I was very aware of those things. I continue to wonder about it, and I will continue to write about it."
More In Marriage
- "Marriage, in life, is like a duel in the midst of a battle."― Edmond About
- "I am hoping this is my year to have children. I understand that I am possibly more European in my views of marriage. I am not going to say I’m not going to get married, but it’s not my priority."― Emily Procter
- "If you live a life of make-believe, your life isn’t worth anything until you do something that does challenge your reality. And to me, sailing the open ocean is a real challenge, because it’s life or death."― Morgan Freeman