More From Jhumpa Lahiri
- "I’ve never had Internet access. Actually, I have looked at things on other people’s computers as a bystander. A few times in my life I’ve opened email accounts, twice actually, but it’s something I don’t want in my life right now."
- "I don’t know why, but the older I get the more interested I get in my parents’ marriage. And it’s interesting to be married yourself, too, because there is an inevitable comparison."
- "My parents had an arranged marriage, as did so many other people when I was growing up. My father came and had a life in the United States one way and my mother had a different one, and I was very aware of those things. I continue to wonder about it, and I will continue to write about it."
More In Health
- "The study also included the disturbing revelation that most of the troops who reported having mental health problems also reported that they did not seek or did not receive care for their problems."― John M. McHugh
- "This syndrome, SARS, is now a worldwide health threat… The world needs to work together to find its cause, cure the sick and stop its spread."― Gro Harlem Brundtland
- "Writing is hard work and bad for the health."― E. B. White