More From Jesse Ventura
- "I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief."
- "All of us should have free choice when it comes to patriotic displays… a government wisely acting within its bounds will earn loyalty and respect from its citizens. A government dare not demand the same."
- "Organized religion is a sham and a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers. It tells people to go out and stick their noses in other people’s business."
More In Government
- "I would love to go back and help rebuild that country and help – you know, kind of like what’s going on with Iraq right now. You know, they’ve got a new government in place. They’re trying to rebuild the country. I would love for that to happen in Cuba also."― Rafael Palmeiro
- "It is the desire of the good people of the whole country that sectionalism as a factor in our politics should disappear…’"― Rutherford B. Hayes
- "All government, of course, is against liberty."― H. L. Mencken