More From Jesse Ventura
- "I also believe that government has no business telling us how we should live our lives. I think our lifestyle choices should be left up to us. What we do in our private lives is none of the government’s business. That position rules out the Republican Party for me."
- "I don’t want to spend the rest of my life in politics. When I’m finished with my term as governor, I’m going back to the life that’s waiting for me in the private sector."
- "Government works less efficiently when it begins to grow out of control and takes on more and more of the responsibilities that belong to the citizens."
More In Government
- "Journalists should denounce government by public opinion polls."― Dan Rather
- "By a continuing process of inflation, government can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens."― John Maynard Keynes
- "In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it."― Alexis de Tocqueville