More From Jesse Ventura
- "I believe patriotism comes from the heart. Patriotism is voluntary. It is a feeling of loyalty and allegiance that is the result of knowledge and belief."
- "Government works less efficiently when it begins to grow out of control and takes on more and more of the responsibilities that belong to the citizens."
- "I also believe that government has no business telling us how we should live our lives. I think our lifestyle choices should be left up to us. What we do in our private lives is none of the government’s business. That position rules out the Republican Party for me."
More In Government
- "There are no necessary evils in government. Its evils exist only in its abuses."― Andrew Jackson
- "War should only be declared by the authority of the people, whose toils and treasures are to support its burdens, instead of the government which is to reap its fruits."― James Madison
- "First, we must stop issuing drivers’ licenses to people in our country illegally. Providing them with forms of government identification makes a mockery of our laws and undermines national security efforts."― Bobby Jindal