More From Jesse Jackson
- "Black men of integrity cannot make a deal with a politician and leave out the poor of the nation, all God’s children."
- "I came to the conclusion that in order to end racial barriers, I needed to run for the office of the president and put forth an agenda of social justice and world peace. In addition, I concluded that someone needed to run and challenge the liberal orthodoxy."
- "Success needs no explanation. Failure does not have one that matters."
More In Power
- "I don’t know if this is the kind of retrospective analysis that people are fond of applying to their work or actions, but it feels like I knew I was going to be famous and I knew that an element of that would be traumatic, so that if I could make myself something big and otherworldly, it would be a kind of defence."― Russell Brand
- "Hope is a very thin diet."― Thomas Shadwell
- "For us political activists and candidates, the morning after any election is a mix of emotions – the personal and the immediate, the culmination of your own recent campaigning efforts; and the fortunes of your party and the success or otherwise of what you stand for and believe in."― Lucy Powell