More From Jessamyn West
- "A taste for irony has kept more hearts from breaking than a sense of humor, for it takes irony to appreciate the joke which is on oneself."
- "There are two barriers that often prevent communication between the young and their elders. The first is middle-aged forgetfulness of the fact that they themselves are no longer young. The second is youthful ignorance of the fact that the middle aged are still alive."
- "It is very east to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own."
More In Death
- "I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."― George Carlin
- "Each instant of life is a step toward death."― Pierre Corneille
- "It pains me whenever there’s the death of a law enforcement official."― Eric Holder