More From Jessamyn West
- "Writing is a solitary occupation. Family, friends, and society are the natural enemies of the writer. He must be alone, uninterrupted, and slightly savage if he is to sustain and complete an undertaking."
- "It is very east to forgive others their mistakes; it takes more grit and gumption to forgive them for having witnessed your own."
- "Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures."
More In Death
- "A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."― Stewart Alsop
- "I hate to say this, but I’ll repeat it: After death, all we know that you do is stink."― Jack Kevorkian
- "Only a humanity to whom death has become as indifferent as its members, that has itself died, can inflict it administratively on innumerable people."― Theodor Adorno