More From Jerry Saltz
- "Koons’s work has always stood apart for its one-at-a-time perfection, epic theatricality, a corrupted, almost sick drive for purification, and an obsession with traditional artistic values."
- "I see 30 to 40 gallery shows a week, and no matter what kind of mood I’m in, no matter how bad the art is, I almost always feel better afterward. I can learn as much from bad art as from good."
- "When people in stadiums do the Wave, it’s the group-mind collective organism spontaneously organizing itself to express an emotion, pass time, and reflect the joy of seeing the rhythms of many as one, a visual rhyming or music in which everyone senses where the motion is going."
More In Art
- "The musician is perhaps the most modest of animals, but he is also the proudest. It is he who invented the sublime art of ruining poetry."― Erik Satie
- "Everybody hangs out with everybody, which is very strange for a cast this large and this young. We’re all cool and down to earth and not caught up in this maniacal business at all… . Everybody really, really likes everybody else."― Lizzy Caplan
- "I am more a friend of art than a producer of painting."― Paul Cezanne