More From Jerry Saltz
- "Auction houses run a rigged game. They know exactly how many people will be bidding on a work and exactly who they are. In a gallery, works of art need only one person who wants to pay for them."
- "There’s one Baldessari work I genuinely love and would like to own, maybe because of my Midwestern roots and love of driving alone. ‘The backs of all the trucks passed while driving from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, California, Sunday, 20 January 1963’ consists of a grid of 32 small color photographs depicting just what the title says."
- "Contrary to popular opinion, things don’t go stale particularly fast in the art world."
More In Art
- "I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want to own."― Andy Warhol
- "The musician is perhaps the most modest of animals, but he is also the proudest. It is he who invented the sublime art of ruining poetry."― Erik Satie
- "Art raises its head where creeds relax."― Friedrich Nietzsche