More From Jerry Saltz
- "Outside museums, in noisy public squares, people look at people. Inside museums, we leave that realm and enter what might be called the group-mind, getting quiet to look at art."
- "The last time money left the art world, intrepid types maxed out their credit cards and opened galleries, and a few of them have become the best in the world."
- "Biennial culture is already almost irrelevant, because so many more people are providing so many better opportunities for artists to exhibit their work."
More In Art
- "Life is painting a picture, not doing a sum."― Oliver Wendell Holmes
- "The contemporary thing in art and literature is the thing which doesn’t make enough difference to the people of that generation so that they can accept it or reject it."― Gertrude Stein
- "To engage with art, we have to be willing to be wrong, venture outside our psychic comfort zones, suspend disbelief, and remember that art explores and alters consciousness simultaneously."― Jerry Saltz