More From Jerry Saltz
- "Money is something that can be measured; art is not. It’s all subjective."
- "Those who love him love that he sells the most art; they take it as a point of faith that this proves Kinkade is the best. But his fans don’t only rely on this supply-and-demand justification. They go back to values."
- "I have a soft spot for art that, in terms of subject matter and material, is in bad taste."
More In Art
- "A wise traveler never despises his own country."― William Hazlitt
- "I don’t think there’s any artist of any value who doesn’t doubt what they’re doing."― Francis Ford Coppola
- "I did go to Wellesley, a women’s college. And I am of a kind of strange generation which is transitional in terms of women who wanted to go out and get jobs."― Madeleine Albright