More From Jerry Brown
- "It looks to me to be obvious that the whole world cannot eat an American diet."
- "When the farmer can sell directly to the consumer, it is a more active process. There’s more contact. The consumer can know, who am I buying this from? What’s their name? Do they have a face? Is the food they are selling coming out of Mexico with pesticides?"
- "Jobs for every American is doomed to failure because of modern automation and production. We ought to recognize it and create an income-maintenance system so every single American has the dignity and the wherewithal for shelter, basic food, and medical care. I’m talking about welfare for all. Without it, you’re going to have warfare for all."
More In Equality
- "The wisdom of man never yet contrived a system of taxation that would operate with perfect equality."― Andrew Jackson
- "I have said this many times, that there seems to be enough room in the world for mediocre men, but not for mediocre women, and we really have to work very, very hard."― Madeleine Albright
- "If we were to select the most intelligent, imaginative, energetic, and emotionally stable third of mankind, all races would be present."― Franz Boas