More From Jerry Brown
- "It looks to me to be obvious that the whole world cannot eat an American diet."
- "When the farmer can sell directly to the consumer, it is a more active process. There’s more contact. The consumer can know, who am I buying this from? What’s their name? Do they have a face? Is the food they are selling coming out of Mexico with pesticides?"
- "Automation and technology would be a great boon if it were creative, if there were more leisure, more opportunity to engage in raising a family, providing guidance to the young, all the stuff we say we need. America will work if we’re all in it together. It’ll work when there’s a shared sense of destiny. It can be done!"
More In Computers
- "I am regularly asked what the average Internet user can do to ensure his security. My first answer is usually ‘Nothing; you’re screwed’."― Bruce Schneier
- "You couldn’t have fed the ’50s into a computer and come out with the ’60s."― Paul Kantner
- "We demand privacy, yet we glorify those that break into computers."― Bill McCollum