More From Jerome K. Jerome
- "I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours."
- "People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained."
- "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
More In Sympathy
- "Because I select my players from a feeling that comes to me when I am with them, a certain sympathy you might call it, or a vibration that exists between us that convinces me they are right."― Erich von Stroheim
- "Teetotallers lack the sympathy and generosity of men that drink."― W. H. Davies
- "Politics and war are remarkably similar situations."― Newt Gingrich