More From Jerome K. Jerome
- "People who have tried it, tell me that a clear conscience makes you very happy and contented; but a full stomach does the business quite as well, and is cheaper, and more easily obtained."
- "We drink one another’s health and spoil our own."
- "It is always the best policy to speak the truth, unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar."
More In Sympathy
- "Women ought to feel a peculiar sympathy in the colored man’s wrong, for, like him, she has been accused of mental inferiority, and denied the privileges of a liberal education."― Angelina Grimke
- "They weren’t impatient for the boys to turn into cartoons again. They awarded sympathy, gave compassion. Because deep down they had found parts of themselves in the characters. You said it George."― Audrey Meadows
- "But what you could perhaps do with in these days is a word of most sincere sympathy. Your movement is carried internally by so strong a truth and necessity that victory in one form or another cannot elude you for long."― Hjalmar Schacht