More From Jeremy Rifkin
- "Back in 1983, the United States government approved the release of the first genetically modified organism. In this case, it was a bacteria that prevents frost on food crops."
- "The position I took at the time was that we hadn’t really examined any of the potential environmental consequences of introducing genetically modified organisms."
- "What the public needs to understand is that these new technologies, especially in recombinant DNA technology, allow scientists to bypass biological boundaries altogether."
More In Science
- "In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."― Galileo Galilei
- "Science fiction has a way of letting you talk about where we are in the world and letting you be a bit of a pop philosopher without being didactic."― Brit Marling
- "Scientists tend to be skeptical, but the weakness of the community of science is that it tends to move into preformed establishment modes that say this is the only way of doing science, the only valid view."― Walter Gilbert