More From Jeremy Rifkin
- "Many of the mainstream agricultural scientists, especially at the agricultural schools, but at all of our major universities, are tied into all sorts of contractual relationships and consulting relationships with the life science companies."
- "In this country, the health concerns and the environmental concerns are as deep as in Europe. All the surveys show that. But here, we didn’t have the cultural dimension. This is a fast-food culture."
- "They’re now turning those seeds into intellectual property, so they have a virtual lock on the seeds upon which we all depend for our food and survival."
More In Science
- "Politicians should read science fiction, not westerns and detective stories."― Arthur C. Clarke
- "In some parts of life, like mathematics and science, yeah, I was a genius. I would top all the top scores you could ever measure it by."― Steve Wozniak
- "Nowhere in this country should we have laws that permit drinking and driving or drinking in vehicles that are on American highways. This is not rocket science. We know how to prevent this, and 36 states do."― Byron Dorgan