More From Jeremy Rifkin
- "The position I took at the time was that we hadn’t really examined any of the potential environmental consequences of introducing genetically modified organisms."
- "Many of the mainstream agricultural scientists, especially at the agricultural schools, but at all of our major universities, are tied into all sorts of contractual relationships and consulting relationships with the life science companies."
- "It may be that everything the life science companies are telling us will turn out to be right, and there’s no problem here whatsoever. That defies logic."
More In Science
- "I’m really convinced that our descendants a century or two from now will look back at us with the same pity that we have toward the people in the field of science two centuries ago."― John Templeton
- "We’re not all equal, it’s simply not true. That isn’t science."― James D. Watson
- "Whenever you deal with science fiction you are setting up a world of rules. I think you work hard to establish the rules. And you also have to work even harder to maintain those rules, and within that find excitement and unpredictability and all that stuff."― Joel Edgerton