More From Jeremy Rifkin
- "Back in 1983, the United States government approved the release of the first genetically modified organism. In this case, it was a bacteria that prevents frost on food crops."
- "The position I took at the time was that we hadn’t really examined any of the potential environmental consequences of introducing genetically modified organisms."
- "It may be that everything the life science companies are telling us will turn out to be right, and there’s no problem here whatsoever. That defies logic."
More In History
- "History shows that where ethics and economics come in conflict, victory is always with economics. Vested interests have never been known to have willingly divested themselves unless there was sufficient force to compel them."― B. R. Ambedkar
- "The public history of modern art is the story of conventional people not knowing what they are dealing with."― Golda Meir
- "If I don’t tell it all now, the story in the history books will always be imperfect and that would be wrong."― Christine Keeler