More From Jeremy Rifkin
- "What’s different here is that we have now technologies that allow these life science companies to bypass classical breeding. That’s what makes it both powerful and exciting."
- "The position I took at the time was that we hadn’t really examined any of the potential environmental consequences of introducing genetically modified organisms."
- "In this country, the health concerns and the environmental concerns are as deep as in Europe. All the surveys show that. But here, we didn’t have the cultural dimension. This is a fast-food culture."
More In History
- "A dream without ambition is like a car without gas… you’re not going anywhere."― Sean Hampton
- "A strange thing is memory, and hope; one looks backward, and the other forward; one is of today, the other of tomorrow. Memory is history recorded in our brain, memory is a painter, it paints pictures of the past and of the day."― Grandma Moses
- "History is an account, mostly false, of events, mostly unimportant, which are brought about by rulers, mostly knaves, and soldiers, mostly fools."― Ambrose Bierce