More From Jennifer Granholm
- "America is an idea. And it’s the solemn responsibility of each ‘temporary’ president to protect and nurture that noblest of all ideas – with integrity. This man, Mitt Romney, has shown – not through his experience, but through his actions and words – that he is unqualified to carry out that responsibility."
- "The most powerful recent innovation in government is when states aggressively use community colleges for retraining. In Michigan, where large numbers of workers were displaced from the manufacturing industry, we created a wildly successful program: No Worker Left Behind."
- "With respect to the environment in our state and our state’s future – in addition to water which is very important here – I think it is crucial for him to make a sincere commitment to energy efficiency, fuel efficiency, by helping us to produce those cars of the future."
More In Hope
- "I am very lucky that I get to tell stories for a living. I love being able to grab people’s attention, to keep them turning the pages, to make them stay awake all night. I want to stir the pulse, yes, but also to stir the heart. I hope ‘The Woods’ does that."― Harlan Coben
- "I’ve had nine of my books adapted to film, and almost all were enjoyable. I’ve been very lucky with Hollywood, and look forward to more movies being adapted. But I don’t get involved in that process. I know nothing about making movies and I stay away from it and hope for the best."― John Grisham
- "An educated person is one who has learned that information almost always turns out to be at best incomplete and very often false, misleading, fictitious, mendacious – just dead wrong."― Russell Baker