More From Jeanette Winterson
- "I believe in communication; books communicate ideas and make bridges between people."
- "You never give away your heart; you lend it from time to time. If it were not so, how could we take it back without asking?"
- "I had relationships with men as well as women. I wasn’t choosing; I didn’t think I had to."
More In Art
- "Kinkade’s paintings are worthless schmaltz, and the lamestream media that love him are wrong. However, I’d love to see a museum mount a small show of Kinkade’s work. I would like the art world and the wider world to argue about him in public, out in the open."― Jerry Saltz
- "Every artist was first an amateur."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Madonna remains the most visible performer on the planet, as well as one of the wealthiest, but would anyone seriously say that artistic self-development is her primary motivating principle? She is too busy with Kabbalah, fashion merchandising, adoption melodramas, the gym, and ill-starred horseback riding to study art."― Camille Paglia