More From Jean-Pierre Raffarin
- "It’s a different outlook, and one that I understand. When you are a former member of the Warsaw Pact, when you have lived behind the Berlin Wall, when you have experienced the communist systems that existed in these countries, for them, the West represents hope."
- "What’s very important is that we build a space that matters in the world, one that operates according to democratic rules, and that small and large countries enjoy a good relationship."
- "I think that the proposed constitution is one of the European legal documents with the strongest social dimension I have seen since I began following European issues."
More In Education
- "Further Education should be about the ability to learn, not the ability to pay – everyone who is able should have the opportunity, regardless of their family background. I don’t want to see students struggling with huge debts or frightened off even going to university in the first place."― Charles Kennedy
- "There were all us baby boomers who had a grammar school education, started to learn, then went on the pill, the whole thing, and so there are today a lot more women writers, editors, producers, and so a lot more women’s stories. God, the BBC’s practically run by women."― Julie Walters
- "There are ways we can go do a better job of educating young moms and dads about the vital role they have as the child’s first teacher. I think there are ways in which we can partner with local school districts and states to do a better job to provide nutrition options at school."― Tom Vilsack