More From Jean Kerr
- "Marrying a man is like buying something you’ve been admiring for a long time in a shop window. You may love it when you get it home, but it doesn’t always go with everything else in the house."
- "Women speak because they wish to speak, whereas a man speaks only when driven to speak by something outside himself like, for instance, he can’t find any clean socks."
- "Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left."
More In Beauty
- "A poet’s work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides, start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep."― Salman Rushdie
- "Humanism was not wrong in thinking that truth, beauty, liberty, and equality are of infinite value, but in thinking that man can get them for himself without grace."― Simone Weil
- "I want to make movies about my country from my point of view."― Tommy Lee Jones