More From Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive ourselves."
- "Do I dare set forth here the most important, the most useful rule of all education? It is not to save time, but to squander it."
- "We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man’s estate, is the gift of education."
More In Wisdom
- "The more I work with the body, keeping my assumptions in a temporary state of reservation, the more I appreciate and sympathize with a given disease. The body no longer appears as a sick or irrational demon, but as a process with its own inner logic and wisdom."― George MacDonald
- "In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don’t let your eyes deceive you."― Janet Jackson
- "My mom and dad worked very hard to give me the best chance in – not just in golf but in life. You know, I was an only child, you know, my dad worked three jobs at one stage. My mom worked night shifts in a factory."― Rory McIlroy