More From Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "People who know little are usually great talkers, while men who know much say little."
- "No true believer could be intolerant or a persecutor. If I were a magistrate and the law carried the death penalty against atheists, I would begin by sending to the stake whoever denounced another."
- "Base souls have no faith in great individuals."
More In Women
- "Girls are infinitely more complicated than boys and women more than men. And there’s no doubt about that. We just don’t like to think about it. Certainly the men don’t like to think about it."― Maurice Sendak
- "A man who graduated high in his class at Yale Law School and made partnership in a top law firm would be celebrated. A man who invested wisely would be admired, but a woman who accomplishes this is treated with suspicion."― Barbra Streisand
- "It doesn’t make any difference what religion you are, or how young you are or how old you are-if they go to these abortion mills and stand there and pray-that would make a lot of difference."― Norma McCorvey