More From Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- "We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man’s estate, is the gift of education."
- "Absolute silence leads to sadness. It is the image of death."
- "O love, if I regret the age when one savors you, it is not for the hour of pleasure, but for the one that follows it."
More In Death
- "Of all the gods only death does not desire gifts."― Aeschylus
- "I like to behave in an extremely normal, wholesome manner for the most part in my daily life. Even if mentally I’m consumed with sick visions of violence, terror, sex and death."― Courtney Love
- "When I did ‘Bumble-ardy,’ I was so intensely aware of death. Eugene, my friend and partner, was dying here in the house when I did ‘Bumble-ardy’. I did ‘Bumble-ardy’ to save myself. I did not want to die with him. I wanted to live, as any human being does."― Maurice Sendak