More From Jean de La Fontaine
- "Friendship is the shadow of the evening, which increases with the setting sun of life."
- "Beware, so long as you live, of judging men by their outward appearance."
- "Anyone entrusted with power will abuse it if not also animated with the love of truth and virtue, no matter whether he be a prince, or one of the people."
More In Friendship
- "Why do we go around acting as though everything was friendship and reliability when basically everything everywhere is full of sudden hate and ugliness?"― Anna Freud
- "The only way to have a friend is to be one."― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "My parents, and librarians along the way, taught me about the space between words; about the margins, where so many juicy moments of life and spirit and friendship could be found. In a library, you could find miracles and truth and you might find something that would make you laugh so hard that you get shushed, in the friendliest way."― Anne Lamott