More From Jean de la Bruyere
- "There is no road too long to the man who advances deliberately and without undue haste; there are no honors too distant to the man who prepares himself for them with patience."
- "It is a sad thing when men have neither the wit to speak well nor the judgment to hold their tongues."
- "If some persons died, and others did not die, death would be a terrible affliction."
More In Happiness
- "My happiness grows in direct proportion to my acceptance, and in inverse proportion to my expectations."― Michael J. Fox
- "God’s children and their happiness are my reasons for being."― Red Skelton
- "Most people ask for happiness on condition. Happiness can only be felt if you don’t set any condition."― Arthur Rubinstein