More From Jean Cocteau
- "You’ve never seen death? Look in the mirror every day and you will see it like bees working in a glass hive."
- "Everything one does in life, even love, occurs in an express train racing toward death. To smoke opium is to get out of the train while it is still moving. It is to concern oneself with something other than life or death."
- "Art is a marriage of the conscious and the unconscious."
More In Society
- "If anything needs to get fixed in society, it’s people’s consumption of other people’s problems."― Corey Feldman
- "Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn’t been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that’s really worthwhile."― Jim Carrey
- "Our notion of the perfect society embraces the family as its center and ornament, and this paradise is not secure until children appear to animate and complete the picture."― Amos Bronson Alcott