More From Jean Cocteau
- "I have lost my seven best friends, which is to say God has had mercy on me seven times without realizing it. He lent a friendship, took it from me, sent me another."
- "A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses."
- "Everything one does in life, even love, occurs in an express train racing toward death. To smoke opium is to get out of the train while it is still moving. It is to concern oneself with something other than life or death."
More In Society
- "A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill."― Robert A. Heinlein
- "In the fourth grade, my history teacher gave us a project: Why was the auto industry located in Detroit, Michigan? I didn’t know I was going to be an economist, but I knew I was going to do something that was involved in answering questions like that one because I thought that was a fascinating question."― Mark Zandi
- "Too much of our society looks for people to fail."― Roger Goodell