More From Jean Cocteau
- "We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don’t like?"
- "The actual tragedies of life bear no relation to one’s preconceived ideas. In the event, one is always bewildered by their simplicity, their grandeur of design, and by that element of the bizarre which seems inherent in them."
- "You’ve never seen death? Look in the mirror every day and you will see it like bees working in a glass hive."
More In Art
- "I wanted to make a traditional record that had a lot of art and showed my vulnerable side and showed things I’m passionate about."― Joe Nichols
- "Mild autism can give you a genius like Einstein. If you have severe autism, you could remain nonverbal. You don’t want people to be on the severe end of the spectrum. But if you got rid of all the autism genetics, you wouldn’t have science or art. All you would have is a bunch of social ‘yak yaks.’"― Temple Grandin
- "All humanity is passion; without passion, religion, history, novels, art would be ineffectual."― Honore de Balzac