More From Jasper Johns
- "When something is new to us, we treat it as an experience. We feel that our senses are awake and clear. We are alive."
- "I think a painting should include more experience than simply intended statement."
- "My experience of life is that it’s very fragmented; certain kinds of things happen, and in another place, a different kind of thing occurs. I would like my work to have some vivid indication of those differences."
More In Freedom
- "I believe that today’s players who are Christians feel that it’s important and their responsibility to acknowledge their faith."― Lynn Swann
- "Today is a celebration of hope for the Iraqi people. The Iraqi people can now take control of their government and their future by creating a society that protects the rights endowed to us by our creator – life, liberty and freedom."― Jim DeMint
- "I don’t have anything to prove anymore. I don’t have a record deal, no one has any expectations, I’m in a position of freedom. I don’t need anyone’s approval."― Juliana Hatfield