More From Jasper Johns
- "My experience of life is that it’s very fragmented; certain kinds of things happen, and in another place, a different kind of thing occurs. I would like my work to have some vivid indication of those differences."
- "I think a painting should include more experience than simply intended statement."
- "When something is new to us, we treat it as an experience. We feel that our senses are awake and clear. We are alive."
More In Freedom
- "Another hero was Tom Swift, in the books. What he stood for, the freedom, the scientific knowledge and being and engineer gave him the ability to invent solutions to problems. He’s always been a hero to me. I buy old Tom Swift books now and read them to my own children."― Steve Wozniak
- "The show is a satire, which gives us freedom to do anything we want. Satire is the magic word that wipes away any culpability. The media is jealous of this freedom."― Rob Corddry
- "On Jan. 30, millions of Iraqis will cast ballots in the country’s first fair and free election in decades, marking continued progress in Iraq’s transition toward a country built on the pillars of democracy and freedom for all."― Jim Gerlach