More From Jasper Johns
- "My experience of life is that it’s very fragmented; certain kinds of things happen, and in another place, a different kind of thing occurs. I would like my work to have some vivid indication of those differences."
- "When something is new to us, we treat it as an experience. We feel that our senses are awake and clear. We are alive."
- "I think a painting should include more experience than simply intended statement."
More In Freedom
- "Conservatism has had from its inception vigorously positive, intellectually rigorous agenda and thinking. That agenda should have in my three pillars: strengthen the economy, strengthen our security, and strengthen our families."― Mitt Romney
- "We who officially value freedom of speech above life itself seem to have nothing to talk about but the weather."― Barbara Ehrenreich
- "Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."― Martin Luther King, Jr.