More From Jasmine Guy
- "I am very sad for men and women trapped in any relationship where there is cruelty, dominance, inequity. I long for the liberation of all people."
- "If one is desperate for love, I suggest looking at one’s friends and family and see if love is all around. If not, get a new set of friends, a new family."
- "The building of friendship, family, community and love is complicated. We are so isolated in this country, no longer supported by tribes and villages."
More In Marriage
- "Marriage is overdone. As long as there are people, people are going to find it interesting."― Augusten Burroughs
- "Neither of us entered marriage thinking it wouldn’t be a strain. Life has strains in it, and he’s the person I want to strain with."― Patricia Arquette
- "I know I’m guilty of and I think a lot of people are guilty of sort of getting starry-eyed with love and sort of looking over the bad things and keep going and you don’t really prepare for how much work marriage really is."― John Krasinski