More From Jasmine Guy
- "If one is desperate for love, I suggest looking at one’s friends and family and see if love is all around. If not, get a new set of friends, a new family."
- "I am very sad for men and women trapped in any relationship where there is cruelty, dominance, inequity. I long for the liberation of all people."
- "The building of friendship, family, community and love is complicated. We are so isolated in this country, no longer supported by tribes and villages."
More In Marriage
- "I do not believe that defending traditional marriage between one man and one woman excludes anybody or usurps anybody’s civil rights and denies anybody their civil rights."― Alan Autry
- "It isn’t tying himself to one woman that a man dreads when he thinks of marrying; it’s separating himself from all the others."― Helen Rowland
- "New Orleans, more than many places I know, actually tangibly lives its culture. It’s not just a residual of life; it’s a part of life. Music is at every major milestone of our life: birth, marriage, death. It’s our culture."― Wendell Pierce