More From Jane Campion
- "Performers are so vulnerable. They’re frightened of humiliation, sure their work will be crap. I try to make an environment where it’s warm, where it’s OK to fail – a kind of home, I suppose."
- "I think I made good movies."
- "Women often postpone their lives, thinking that if they’re not with a partner then it doesn’t really count. They’re still searching for their prince, in a way. And as much as we don’t discuss that, because it’s too embarrassing and too sad, I think it really does exist."
More In Politics
- "The advice I’ve been giving to people all my life – that you may not be interested in the dialectic but the dialectic is interested in you; you can’t give up politics, it won’t give you up – was the advice I should have been taking myself."― Christopher Hitchens
- "Well, I think any time you delve into this sort of religion, politics, as you well know, you’re going to, you know, touch a few nerves. I wasn’t – now – and this is the honest truth."― Mel Gibson
- "I’m looking forward to the day when America will mature to the point that we are a color-blind society. I’m not so sure that in politics that will ever be reality, because politics has a way of separating us based on skin color."― J. C. Watts