More From Jane Austen
- "The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love."
- "Selfishness must always be forgiven you know, because there is no hope of a cure."
- "Give a girl an education and introduce her properly into the world, and ten to one but she has the means of settling well, without further expense to anybody."
More In Marriage
- "I’m not for gay marriage, but I’m not for discriminating against people."― Joel Osteen
- "The Holocaust also shows us how a combination of events and attitudes can erode a society’s democratic values."― Tim Holden
- "I think the Mother is gradually revealing itself to me and taking over. But it is not the Mother alone. It is the Mother and the Father, the male and the female, sort of gradually having their marriage."― Bede Griffiths