More From Jane Austen
- "Business, you know, may bring you money, but friendship hardly ever does."
- "There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort."
- "Human nature is so well disposed towards those who are in interesting situations, that a young person, who either marries or dies, is sure of being kindly spoken of."
More In Marriage
- "Never get married in college; it’s hard to get a start if a prospective employer finds you’ve already made one mistake."― Elbert Hubbard
- "Marriage is a mistake every man should make."― George Jessel
- "Let me be clear. I support the definition of marriage as a union between a man and a woman."― Ben Nelson