More From James Wolcott
- "Book-jacket design may become a lost art, like album-cover design, without which late-20th-century iconography would have been pauperized."
- "Who elected Larry King America’s grief counselor? We, the viewing public, did, by driving up his ratings whenever somebody famous passes."
- "Bad acting comes in many bags, various odors. It can be performed by cardboard refugees from an Ed Wood movie, reciting their dialogue off an eye chart, or by hopped-up pros looking to punch a hole through the fourth wall from pure ballistic force of personality, like Joe Pesci in a bad mood. I can respect bad acting that owns its own style."
More In Music
- "You can have great sequences with music, but if you don’t have the acting you’re bored after 15 minutes. Or not bored, but you’re like, ‘So what?’"― Danny Boyle
- "I want my fans to love themselves. It’s almost like I want to hypnotize them so when they hear my music they love themselves instantly."― Lady Gaga
- "Singing is just a feeling set to music."― Carrie Underwood