More From James Van Der Beek
- "I’ve never really had a problem with the imagination level of an audience. They’re always smarter and savvier than any studio exec will give them credit for."
- "At a young age, acting was so inspiring and exciting, because to me it was play – make-believe, pretend."
- "The more you make fun of yourself and don’t try to go for any kind of respect, the more people seem to respect you."
More In Movies
- "I thought that somehow your life would be much different when you’re famous… and it’s not. You just buy more stuff."― Nicole Sullivan
- "Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity."― Khalil Gibran
- "I was a huge fan of comedy and movies and TV growing up, and I was able to memorize and mimic a lot of things, not realizing that that meant I probably wanted to be an actor. I just really, really amused myself and my friends with memorizing entire George Carlin or Steve Martin albums."― Hank Azaria