More From James Madison
- "Whenever a youth is ascertained to possess talents meriting an education which his parents cannot afford, he should be carried forward at the public expense."
- "The circulation of confidence is better than the circulation of money."
- "A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country."
More In Government
- "There is no doubt that religion had already waned under the onslaught of the Enlightenment, but it was Freud who provided the radically new understanding of human nature that made any religious explanation of the whats and whys of our personhood seem naive."― Tony Campolo
- "The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much."― Ronald Reagan
- "In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist."― Dwight D. Eisenhower