More From James Madison
- "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."
- "It is a universal truth that the loss of liberty at home is to be charged to the provisions against danger, real or pretended, from abroad."
- "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
More In Government
- "I believe there are three keys to success. For me it is keeping my priorities in order: It’s my faith and my family, and then the business."― Kathy Ireland
- "How can you look at the Texas legislature and still believe in intelligent design?"― Kinky Friedman
- "Britain, relative to the U.S., is a highly secular society. Philanthropy alone cannot fill the gap left by government cutbacks. And the sources of altruism go deep into our evolutionary past."― Jonathan Sacks