More From James Lovelock
- "There is little evidence that our individual intelligence has improved through recorded history."
- "If it hadn’t been for the Cold War, neither Russia nor America would have been sending people into space."
- "If you start any large theory, such as quantum mechanics, plate tectonics, evolution, it takes about 40 years for mainstream science to come around. Gaia has been going for only 30 years or so."
More In Science
- "While most of us know that we feel better after a good hearty laugh, science, in many cases, is yet to prove why."― Allen Klein
- "There’s no question that as science, knowledge and technology advance, that we will attempt to do more significant things. And there’s no question that we will always have to temper those things with ethics."― Benjamin Carson
- "Science fiction is very healthy in its form."― Robert Sheckley