More From James Lovelock
- "I’m a scientist, not a theologian. I don’t know if there is a God or not. Religion requires certainty."
- "If you start any large theory, such as quantum mechanics, plate tectonics, evolution, it takes about 40 years for mainstream science to come around. Gaia has been going for only 30 years or so."
- "I have heard that the Saudi Arabians are paying Greenpeace to campaign against Nuclear Power. It wouldn’t surprise me at all."
More In Science
- "I’m no actor. And I wasn’t like George Lucas or Spielberg, making home movies as a teenager, either. But I would go back and watch certain movies again and again. By the time I saw ‘The Graduate’ I was aware of how these amazing stories could be told."― Nancy Meyers
- "Some men have a silly theory about beautiful women – that somewhere along the line they’ll turn into a monster. That movie gave them a chance to watch it happen."― Salma Hayek
- "Science never solves a problem without creating ten more."― George Bernard Shaw