More From James Hillman
- "Everything that everyone is afraid of has already happened: The fragility of capitalism, which we don’t want to admit; the loss of the empire of the United States; and American exceptionalism. In fact, American exceptionalism is that we are exceptionally backward in about fifteen different categories, from education to infrastructure."
- "Loss means losing what was We want to change but we don’t want to lose. Without time for loss, we don’t have time for soul."
- "We can’t change anything until we get some fresh ideas, until we begin to see things differently."
More In War
- "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few."― Winston Churchill
- "The idea that we’re going to win this war is an idea that unfortunately is just plain wrong."― Howard Dean
- "It’s very important to go back and keep in mind the distinction between handling these events as criminal acts, which was the way we did before 9/11, and then looking at 9/11 and saying, “This is not a criminal act,” not when you destroy 16 acres of Manhattan, kill 3,000 Americans, blow a big hole in the Pentagon. That’s an act of war."― Dick Cheney