More From James Hillman
- "We’re an air bag society that wants guarantees on everything that we buy. We want to be able to take everything back and get another one. We want a 401-k plan and Social Security."
- "All we can do when we think of kids today is think of more hours of school, earlier age at the computer, and curfews. Who would want to grow up in that world?"
- "I don’t think anything changes until ideas change. The usual American viewpoint is to believe that something is wrong with the person."
More In War
- "The more the history of the World War and what led up to it is studied, the more clearly those tragic years become revealed as a vast collapse of civilization."― Arthur Henderson
- "Empathy is really the opposite of spiritual meanness. It’s the capacity to understand that every war is both won and lost. And that someone else’s pain is as meaningful as your own."― Barbara Kingsolver
- "I am against all war."― Sophia Loren