More From James Hillman
- "I see happiness as a by-product. I don’t think you can pursue happiness. I think that phrase is one of the very few mistakes the Founding Fathers made."
- "The older people that one admires seem to be fearless. They go right out into the world. It’s astounding. Maybe they can’t see or they can’t hear, but they walk out into the street and take life as it comes. They’re models of courage, in a strange way."
- "All we can do when we think of kids today is think of more hours of school, earlier age at the computer, and curfews. Who would want to grow up in that world?"
More In Power
- "In the Old Testament, it says that if you have the power to do something good, then you have to do it. You’re not to avoid helping somebody in their time of need."― Rick Warren
- "Poetry is the universal language which the heart holds with nature and itself. He who has a contempt for poetry, cannot have much respect for himself, or for anything else."― William Hazlitt
- "I’ve worked with many directors, good ones and bad ones. So if I have a chance to work the good ones, I better put myself in their hands, and trust them, because that’s my big opportunity to be different, and to be better than usual."― Thomas Kretschmann