More From James Hillman
- "I see happiness as a by-product. I don’t think you can pursue happiness. I think that phrase is one of the very few mistakes the Founding Fathers made."
- "We approach people the same way we approach our cars. We take the poor kid to a doctor and ask, What’s wrong with him, how much will it cost, and when can I pick him up?"
- "Just stop for a minute and you’ll realize you’re happy just being. I think it’s the pursuit that screws up happiness. If we drop the pursuit, it’s right here."
More In Power
- "Appreciate the power of rumor, often malicious, no matter how preposterous, within the local populations you are seeking to help."― Alvin Adams
- "Next to enjoying ourselves, the next greatest pleasure consists in preventing others from enjoying themselves, or, more generally, in the acquisition of power."― Bertrand Russell
- "You know, we’re taught that in a democracy power comes from being elected."― Robert Caro