More From James Hillman
- "Everything that everyone is afraid of has already happened: The fragility of capitalism, which we don’t want to admit; the loss of the empire of the United States; and American exceptionalism. In fact, American exceptionalism is that we are exceptionally backward in about fifteen different categories, from education to infrastructure."
- "Depression opens the door to beauty of some kind."
- "It’s very hard to know what wisdom is."
More In Change
- "But I think talent as a writer is hard-wired in, it’s all there, at least the basic elements of it. You can’t change it any more than you can choose whether to be right handed or left handed."― Stephen King
- "I never really make solid resolutions. I think if there’s something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn’t have to happen in the New Year."― Brittany Murphy
- "We build buildings which are terribly restless. And buildings don’t go anywhere. They shouldn’t be restless."― Minoru Yamasaki