More From James Herriot
- "I am never at my best in the early morning, especially a cold morning in the Yorkshire spring with a piercing March wind sweeping down from the fells, finding its way inside my clothing, nipping at my nose and ears."
- "I wish people would realize that animals are totally dependent on us, helpless, like children, a trust that is put upon us."
- "I hope to make people realize how totally helpless animals are, how dependent on us, trusting as a child must that we will be kind and take care of their needs."
More In Pet
- "I live alone, with cats, books, pictures, fresh vegetables to cook, the garden, the hens to feed."― Jeanette Winterson
- "If a dog jumps into your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer."― Alfred North Whitehead
- "It was so cold today that I saw a dog chasing a cat, and the dog was walking."― Mickey Rivers