More From James D. Watson
- "The ever quickening advances of science made possible by the success of the Human Genome Project will also soon let us see the essences of mental disease. Only after we understand them at the genetic level can we rationally seek out appropriate therapies for such illnesses as schizophrenia and bipolar disease."
- "If you succeed with your first dream, it helps. You know, people trust you, possibly, for the second one. They give you a chance to play out your second one."
- "I think the reason people are dealing with science less well now than 50 years ago is that it has become so complicated."
More In Science
- "I think the perception of there being a deep gulf between science and the humanities is false."― Clifford Geertz
- "The media need superheroes in science just as in every sphere of life, but there is really a continuous range of abilities with no clear dividing line."― Stephen Hawking
- "A lot of the cosmologists and astrophysicists clearly had been reading science fiction."― Frederik Pohl