More From James Buchan
- "The world dominion of western thought, forms of organisation, technology and military force is not God-given, nor eternal, nor greatly appreciated by the rest of the world."
- "Were there peace and justice in the Middle East, the Arabs would no more need their tinhorn dictators than they would their corpulent princes."
- "Of all the failed technologies that litter the onward march of science – steam carriages, zeppelins, armoured trains – none has been so catastrophic to prosperity as the last century’s attempt to generate electricity from nuclear fission."
More In Women
- "I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn’t be a staring contest."― Frank Sinatra
- "Part of it went on gambling, and part of it went on women. The rest I spent foolishly."― George Raft
- "Women are most fascinating between the ages of 35 and 40 after they have won a few races and know how to pace themselves. Since few women ever pass 40, maximum fascination can continue indefinitely."― Christian Dior