More From James Buchan
- "By pouring money and goods into devastated regions, foreign aid workers sometimes compound the disruption and debauch the survivors."
- "For 50 years, nuclear power stations have produced three products which only a lunatic could want: bomb-explosive plutonium, lethal radioactive waste and electricity so dear it has to be heavily subsidised. They leave to future generations the task, and most of the cost, of making safe sites that have been polluted half-way to eternity."
- "At the heart of banking is a suicidal strategy. Banks take money from the public or each other on call, skim it for their own reward and then lock the rest up in volatile, insecure and illiquid loans that at times they cannot redeem without public aid."
More In Women
- "I don’t know why women feel an affinity with me."― Jennifer Aniston
- "If women built the bridges or were meant to build the bridges, then they would have done it."― Adam Carolla
- "Capitalism has its weaknesses. But it is capitalism that ended the stranglehold of the hereditary aristocracies, raised the standard of living for most of the world and enabled the emancipation of women."― Camille Paglia