More From James Bovard
- "It is hard to know how many people do, but given that the people are so docile towards the rulers, nowadays, very few Americans show the passion for freedom that our forefathers had."
- "It is important to recognize and politics positive thinking is often the slaves’ virtue – something that people do to con themselves about the burden and change being placed upon them."
- "It is amazing to think after all that has happened in this country in the last few years, the last few decades, that so many people have this blind faith that government is our friend and therefore, so we don’t need protections against it."
More In Legal
- "Life is filigree work. What is written clearly is not worth much, it’s the transparency that counts."― Louis-Ferdinand Celine
- "Wine hath drowned more men than the sea."― Thomas Fuller
- "I also urge the Obama administration – both on its own and in cooperation with other responsible governments around the world – to use all legal means necessary to shut down WikiLeaks before it can do more damage by releasing additional cables. WikiLeaks’ activities represent a shared threat to collective international security."― Joe Lieberman