More From James Bovard
- "The Federal Government is exploiting public fear to redefine the relationship between the rulers and the American people."
- "It is hard to know how many people do, but given that the people are so docile towards the rulers, nowadays, very few Americans show the passion for freedom that our forefathers had."
- "People are so docile right now. It is almost as if good government means when the politicians lie to us for our own good, for the public good, and bad government is when politicians lie for their own selfish interests."
More In Legal
- "Justice in the life and conduct of the State is possible only as first it resides in the hearts and souls of the citizens."― Plato
- "The events of the day inspired me to become a lawyer."― Christopher Darden
- "The only justification for repressive institutions is material and cultural deficit. But such institutions, at certain stages of history, perpetuate and produce such a deficit, and even threaten human survival."― Noam Chomsky