More From James Belushi
- "Accidents happen, whether they’re car accidents, friendly fire, drug overdoses. Accidents happen, and they’re tragic. It’s like a bomb that goes off and pieces of shrapnel rip into the flesh of the family. It’s the families that need the compassion, because everywhere they walk, every day, someone reminds them of their loss."
- "I don’t know if there is a gene for comedy, but my dad was a very funny man. He just didn’t know it. He was a naturally funny character, and when my brother and I would laugh at things he said and did, he would say, ‘What do you think is so funny?’"
- "When Whitney Houston died, I felt great sadness. My sadness, of course, was about our collective loss – when you listened to this nightingale sing, your body would drop into a chair, your head would tilt up, a small smile would creep across your face, and inside you knew that there was a higher power somewhere: gifted, beautiful, spiritual."
More In Dad
- "The one thing that kept our family together was the music. The only thing that our family would share emotionally was to have our dad cry over something the kids did with music."― Dennis Wilson
- "My dad named me Dakota and my mom came up with my first name Hannah. So it’s Hannah Dakota Fanning."― Dakota Fanning
- "Now that I’m a dad, I’m practicing what I call ‘one- handed cooking,’ because I’ve got something more important in my other arm. I’m whipping up lots of frittatas and omelets."― Curtis Stone