More From James Anthony Froude
- "Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself."
- "Science rests on reason and experiment, and can meet an opponent with calmness; but a belief is always sensitive."
- "To deny the freedom of the will is to make morality impossible."
More In Strength
- "I may be alone in this, but I do sense the power of film, in that movies have the ability to literally change people’s minds. That’s pretty powerful stuff when you consider that."― Nicolas Cage
- "Few men during their lifetime comes anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used."― Richard E. Byrd
- "And I think we understand we cannot make social change for all workers until we have enough strength, membership strength, and at the same time having membership strength and only making change for a limited group of workers is not what our country really needs for people that work."― Andy Stern